Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecakes

Got this recipe from my dear friend Jamie!  I’ve had the recipe for a while; I think we did a recipe exchange one Christmas.  However, I’ve never tried it before.  So, this weekend I dusted off my collection of goodie recipes and found this gem.  Gave it a try and we loved them!  Exceptionally easy to make – and with baking only 15 minutes – very little work in the kitchen.  The payoff is these incredibly creamy, delicious and decadent individual cheesecakes.  I can think of several other combinations and ideas for these little cupcake sized cheesecakes – and I’m sure I’ll share those recipes with you too!  Enjoy!
 
Ingredients:
 
12 paper muffin cup liners
12 Nilla Vanilla Wafers
12 oz. Cream Cheese, softenen
2 eggs
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
12 small Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
 
Directions:
 
Heat oven to 350.  Line regular sized muffin tins with paper baking cups.  Place one vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup – flat side down.
 
Beat softened cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until fluffy.  (I used my Kitchen Aid for this.  Perfect!)  Add the vanilla and beat in one egg at a time.
 
Fill cups three-fourths full.  Top each with one of the peanut butter cups.
 
Bake for 15 minutes.  Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then cover and refrigerate for at least two hours. 
 
Note: as I type this I’m wondering what it would have been like if I had used full sized peanut butter cups, instead of the small ones?  Additionally, I did make these the day before I served them at a party.  I just kept them in the fridge until we were ready to serve.  They held up perfectly.