Sunday, June 8, 2014

Jamie Oliver’s Pork Medallions with Jerk Sauce

I have always loved Jamie Oliver.  He makes delicious food – that is both visually and taste appealing.  Plus, his recipes are full of healthy fresh ingredients.  Last week I was flipping TV channels and I came across his new (to me) series – “15 Minute Meals”.  I have already made this recipe two times in the past week.  It is DELICIOUS!!!  Quick, Easy, Healthy and Delightful.  I served it over some fragrant basmati rice.  Fabulous!
 
Ingredients:
 
2 pork tenderloins, each cut into 4 – 5 medallions – depending on size
Salt
Coriander powder
 
For the Jerk Sauce
 
Half a bunch of Cilantro
4 green onions, torn into two or three pieces
2 bay leaves
1 tsp allspice
Thumb size piece of ginger, peeled
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ scotch bonnet pepper, these are incredibly hot.  I used a jalapeno instead and stripped the seeds out of half of it.  That was spicy enough for me.
1 heaping Tbls. Honey
5 – 6 small tomatoes, not cherry tomatoes.  I use the Campari tomatoes on the vine from Costco.
1 Tbls. soy sauce
Dash hot water
2 Tbls. Red Wine Vinegar
 
Whirl the jerk sauce ingredients in your blender until fully combined and smooth.  It takes a bit of time for everything to whirl together nicely.  Be careful not to add too much water in an effort to get it to whirl together.  I will stop the blender periodically and smash everything down into it with a wooden spoon.
 
Cut Pork Tenderloins into four - five pieces each, depending upon size of the tenderloin.  Pound each down piece down with your fist.  Sprinkle with Coriander and a touch of salt.
 
Heat a frying pan and add olive oil.  Flash fry the pork medallions in the pan 2 ½ minutes each side.  Remove to a plate.
 
Add the jerk sauce to the hot pan the pork cooked in.  Bring to a boil.  As it gets thick add the pork medallions back in; reduce heat.  Cover with a lid and cook for 3 – 4 minutes more.
 
I like to serve this with rice.  But, you could serve with whatever you desire.  Jamie dressed the dish with some fresh plain yogurt.  Looked very yummy.