Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with Candied Walnuts

I love to peruse the aisles at Trader Joe’s – you just never know what delicious treats you’re going to find.  I discovered their Champagne Pear Vinaigrette with Gorgonzola and I thought – YUM!  How delicious would that be on a salad with fresh pears, gorgonzola and candied walnuts?  So, I gave it a try – and it was TOTALLY delicious – super easy too!
 
Ingredients:
 
Assortment of Salad Greens
Fresh Pear
Crumbly Gorgonzola
Candied Nuts – I’ve used Walnuts and also Pecans.  Both equally delicious
Trader Joe’s Champagne Pear Vinaigrette with Gorgonzola
 
Directions:
 
Toss the salad greens with the vinaigrette.  Place on individual salad plates.  Top with slices of fresh pear and crumbled gorgonzola.  Sprinkle candied nuts over the salad.  Serve and prepare for the accolades from your guests!