Saturday, July 6, 2013

Easy Chocolate Croissants

I thought I was being extremely original by thinking about making Chocolate Croissant’s with puff pastry.  I Googled "chocolate croissants with puff pastry" and realized I’m neither original nor ingenious… MANY others of have thought of this before me!  Sad face.  LOL…  But, they’re easy and delicious, nonetheless!
 
Ingredients:
 
1 sheet of Pepperidge Farms puff pastry
Chocolate chips – about 8 heaping tablespoons  (I used Guittard chocolate)
Egg – for egg wash
 
Directions:
 
Defrost puff pastry for about 40 minutes on counter.  Unfold and lightly roll out on a floured board.
 
Cut across and then the other way to make four squares/rectangles.  Cut each rectangle across diagonally to make triangles.
 
Take each triangle – wide end toward you – and place about 1 heaping tablespoon of chocolate chips on it.  Roll into crescents and place on greased baking sheet.
 
Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.  Let cool – just a bit – because you don’t want to burn your tongue… but the delicious smell of chocolate and pastry will make it difficult to wait!