Friday, June 8, 2012

Creamy Soy Dressing


This recipe is from the Cooking Light cookbook; although I’ve adjusted the measurements a bit.  I imagine you could add a drop or two of anchovy paste if you wanted it to be more like a Caesar Salad dressing.  But, I wanted to make it Vegan for my Vegan friend Laura.  So, I stayed true to the ingredients called for in the recipe. 

I served this over a combination of Hearts of Romaine and Red Leaf lettuce salad that contained sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives.  It was a HIT !  Everyone loved it – especially Laura.

Ingredients:

Juice of whole lemon
4 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon sea salt
4 ounces firm silken tofu
3 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:

Put everything except the olive oil in a food processor; process until smooth. With processor on, slowly pour oil through food chute; process until well blended.